Meeting Time: Wednesdays @ 10pm in Earth House (159 High St.)
Check out our website for the most current information: https://sites.google.com/a/wesleyan.edu/wescompost/
Student composting is an initiative started in September 2010 by a group of students at Wesleyan. The program is entirely student run and funded. The project aims to allow all 350+ residential units with a kitchen to compost their food waste. These units include: Senior Woodframes, Senior Fauver, Hi/Lo-Rise, Apartments, graduate housing, and all Program Houses.
Currently food waste is thrown out, trucked to the dump, and then incinerated, releasing toxic gasses into the atmosphere. By composting your waste you not only prevent this pollution, but create rich soil, which will be used at Wesleyan’s Long Lane Farm and by WildWes across campus.
We would love to have you on the Composting Committee! Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Composting System
If you would like a bucket email us at email@example.com
Black Stars: Working Composting Machines
- Backyard between Warren St. and Fountain Ave.
- Backyard of Fountain St. and Pine St. (next to wooden fence by Dance Studio) Broken: Please do not use
- Outside of Hewitt (on the side of Hewitt facing Vine St.)
- Next to the loading dock of Exley (near wear the falafel cart usually is)
- Backyard between Brainard Ave. and Home Ave. (Behind 53 A/B Home)
- Next to the Bayit (157 Church St.)
- Outside of Hi/Lo-Rise Apartments
- Next to Full/Writing House (202 Washington St.)
- Backyard of Farm House (344 Washington St.)